Redhat 9

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu May 1 20:27:43 CEST 2003

I don't have a RedHat 9 box around, but I do have a Mandrake 9.1 box.
I discovered that Javier Gómez Sierras's advice on this list, back in
July 2002, was still (mostly) true: I needed to install the
"libtermcap2" RPM in order to get "beam" to link correctly.  (Without
it, termcap functions such as tgetent(3X) were missing.)  Javier's
message was about Mandrake 8.1; the dependency mentioned there was on
"libtermcap2-devel".

Oh, you'll need to run the top-level "configure" script *after* that
library is installed.

I ran into no other problems compiling & installing.

-Scott