Megaco Avalanche! (was: ets:update_counter/3 taking a looooong time!)

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu May 1 09:50:39 CEST 2003

pm> So, not exactly an ets problem (I'm using Linux, not FreeBSD), but
pm> I haven't reversed my hacks to the megaco stack to see if there is
pm> any significant speed gains through avoiding ets in this
pm> situation.

The other thing to try would be to see if changing the table type of
'megaco_config' (IIRC, it's currently 'set') to 'ordered_set'.  As I'm
discovering, there are significant differences in the performance of
those two when table sizes are "large" (10-100K tuples or more) or
"small" (less than "large" :-).

-Scott