HTTP client problems

Erik Reitsma (ETM) Erik.Reitsma@REDACTED
Wed Mar 26 14:19:58 CET 2003

Hi all,

I am using the HTTP client of inets-3.0.3.
When I do a synchronous HTTP request, and the process from which I do the request receives some message X while waiting for the result, I get this other message X as the result.
This is to be expected when I read the code of http.erl, but before I had read the code, I had not expected this. The http:request_sync/4 accepts all messages, but in my case this is a message that is not related to the HTTP request: it is a message that I send from some other process.

Could I remove lines 183 and 184 from http.erl without harm, or can indeed other HTTP-related messages arrive, that are not matched by the existing clauses? I have removed them for now, but now I may miss some error messages, of which I do not know. I do not know which these are, otherwise I could match them explicitly.
Another solution may be, to spawn a process for the HTTP request, but it seems to me that the HTTP client code of inets should already take care of this.

*Erik.

Erik Reitsma
System Engineer, Technology Strategies
Service Network and Applications