Extending Functionality: gen_server_ext

martin j logan martin@REDACTED
Thu Mar 20 20:10:31 CET 2003

I really should have said side-effect not used global as an example of
one.
I was actually referring to something like ETS. It seems to me that it
can serve much the same purpose as put/2 get/1 i.e a side effect of
sorts or "global" storage at one scope or another. We all try to stay
away from such things but sometimes we break referential transparency,
alter a value that has nothing to do with the expression being
evaluated, when it is convenient.

Cheers,
Martin