ANNOUNCE: erlguten

C.Reinke C.Reinke@REDACTED
Thu Mar 13 18:57:07 CET 2003

>   I  read that  a typesetter  setting newsprint  on a  Linotype machine
> could enter properly formatted text  4 times faster than with a modern
> desk top publishing system. This  was *not* WYSIWYG but all done single
> key type setting  commands ... If anybody knows how  to get a Linotype
> manual can they mail me :-)

Don't know about manuals, but you know how companies go shopping;-)

  Linotype -> Linotype-Hell -> Heidelberger Druckmaschinen

So

  http://www.heidelberg.com/hq/eng/

might be a good place to start searching? For fonts, there's also

  http://www.linotypelibrary.com/

as well as various linotype archeology & nostalgia sites, such as

  http://www.linotype.org/

But I guess you've already googled for linotype?

Claus