typography books

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Mar 13 15:23:50 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Joe Armstrong wrote:

> Bokstaven, ordet, texten - Christer Hellmark.
> (in swedish) - great book.
>
>   This is  modern printing at its  best - there is  attention to *all*
> levels of detail - the text is clear and well written - the typography
> is beautiful - the choice, color and weight of paper is exemplary, and
> it's well bound - it's even fairly cheap (c. 245 kr)

I can also warmly recommend "Typografisk handbok" by the same author.
(Ordfront & Ytterlids, 1994). Small, to the point, and crammed with good
advice on what to do, and what not to do, from the spacing around
abbreviations to how to deal with "orphans" ("horungar" för att tala
svenska).

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/