ANNOUNCE: erlguten

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED
Wed Mar 12 19:51:06 CET 2003

>     Yes - I'd like  a PDF reader in Erlang - and  I'd like to write GUIs
>   with the *same* layout language as  used for creating PDF (like go 'ol
>   display postscript)

Others do so

  http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/quartzextreme.html
  http://a32.g.akamai.net/7/32/51/e3f09c3d615efe/www.apple.com/macosx/pdfs/Quartz_TB.pdf

>   I aim (of course) at better quality than TeX - whether I can do this
>   remains to be seen.

I want to stress that TeX is not about ultimate quality.
It was rather about reaching a sufficient quality at some point and then
allowing TeX documents to stay reproducable in that quality over a
lifetime longer than a few decades, e.g. in 500 years, by documenting
the whole system TeX+Metafont+Fonts in a couple of books and
feature freezing.
TeX is kind of a software equivalent of the pyramids (seen as a temporal
long distance message).

Regards,
Marc