ANNOUNCE: erlguten

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED
Wed Mar 12 16:41:03 CET 2003

>   ErlGuten is now available at
>
>	   http://www.sics.se/~joe/erlguten-2.0/erlguten.html
>
>   ErlGuten aims to produce typographic quality PDF from XML or
>   a Erlang program.
>   (..)
>   Comments, errors and all feedback is welcome, as are volunteers

My eye hung on di-fferent.

I interpret

  http://www.xs4all.nl/~talo/talo/e_rules.html

that diff counts as one sylable and should be hyphenated after
the consonant (the "ff").

> Viewers - I'd like to connect ErlGuten to the freetype project
> and make a GUI with the same interface as provided by the pdf module

I don't understand this.
Do you mean writing an Erlang version of a PDF reader or something
different?

In General I would like to know more about the project.
If you want to clone or surpass TeX or just have a reasonable
layout enginge. If you will take ideas from METAPOST etc.

Regards,
Marc