ensure_started

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 20:11:22 CET 2003

Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED> writes:

> > Luke Gorrie <luke@REDACTED> writes:
> >
> > > Also, I'll probably be laughed at for this, but I just asked the
> > > sourceforge guys to consider accepting SSH connections on port 80 of
> > > cvs.sourceforge.net. Disgusting.
> >
> > It turns out they have already done this, and
> > 'cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net' will accept CVS-over-SSH connections on
> > ports 80 and 443. The details are at
> > https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=768&group
> _id=1#firewall
>
> >Of course this won't help if that whole IP address has been especially
> >firewalled off.
>
> All I need to do now is stick a proxy in front of the thing which generates
> the HTTP CONNECT mechanism and I'm in.. unless you've already got a solution
> for that?

Not sure that I understand. Is the problem that your outgoing port 80
connections are intercepted by a proxy server which mangles them? If
so, how about port 443 (https)?

Or something else?

For me, with no firewalling at all, it works to add these two lines to
~/.ssh/config:

Host cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net
Port 443

Then I can use cvsroot lukeg@REDACTED:/cvsroot/jungerl