More GUI (ravings?)

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 14:18:27 CET 2003

Vlad,

 I kind of think that you are being misguided by the
OO world. Don't get me wrong I like OO and don't think
it is a bad thing, but its not the only way to do
things. Inheritence is not the only way to handle
sub-windowing behavior either, I am pretty sure.

 Unfortunatly, I need to think about it before I can
offer suggestions, but I would say try to think in
native erlang datastructures and processes. They are a
good solution and they should work for this just like
they work for so much else. Don't try to reinvent OO
in Erlang.

 I will give it some thought and try to offer some
suggestions soon.

--- "Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW)"