Functions in data structures

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 23:42:44 CEST 2003

Lennart Öhman wrote:
>> Er... right, but it won't help me if a future version of Erlang
>> behaves differently.
>
> That is one thing which is good with Erlang. It *is* being used for
> real-life systems. Meaning that the user community is rather restrictive
> to changes that breaks old code, unless such bring substantial advantages
> to most developers.

Oh, right.
Though I'm still reluctant to depend on undefined behaviour.

Anyway, I have decided to send just plain data, no functions. Code will
be sent in the form of software upgrades, just the way that people
expect things to work. (Sending functions implies all sorts of security
hassles anyway.)

Regards,
Jo