xmerl newlines

Erik Reitsma (ETM) Erik.Reitsma@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 09:10:17 CEST 2003

> i;m trying to output an xml files and with xmerl 0.15
> i seem to recall newlines were put in for me.  now i
> upgraded to 0.18 and the xml is one long string --
> fine for word-wrap editor like emacs otherwise i bit
> hard to use.

On the other hand, these newlines and tabs and spaces also appear in parsed XML. Therefore this is indeed more symmetrical.

It would be nice if the newlines and tabs and spaces would be removed from the parsed XML (if it is not already supported and I missed some option). Now I do a pass through the parsed XML to remove all xmlText records that contain nothing but whitespace.

*Erik.