Functions in data structures

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 12:47:54 CEST 2003

Francesco Cesarini wrote:
> If you are planing on a real
> world application,

This is indeed the case.

 > I think the best approach is to test your questions
> and ideas. Set up two erlang nodes, convert your fun to a binary and zip
> it over. Or store it in mnesia. It will give you an immediate reply,
> often faster than looking it up in the documentation. And most
> certainly, more precise.

Er... right, but it won't help me if a future version of Erlang behaves
differently.
Since I'm a relative newbie, there's also the risk that Erlang is doing
things slightly differently from what I expect. In other words, I risk
misinterpreting the results of my experiments.
Finally,

In summary: experimental programming is fun, but it's better for
verifying documentation than for finding out how things work.

> Good luck in your project,

Thanks :-)

Regards,
Jo