Erlang-mode problem

François-Denis Gonthier fgonthier@REDACTED
Tue Jun 10 05:18:13 CEST 2003

Cool! Quick answer!

Unfortunately, I'm 100% in Windows using native XEmacs and running Windows
version of the Erlang VM.

As for using other editors, I'm still fond of GVim but (X)Emacs has some
incredibles advantages over any other editor for interactive languages like
Erlang.

The source of the problem is not really erlang-mode but the Win32-native
version of XEmacs.  It's set to produce DOS paths by default.  When I
manually enter / paths in the shell window, it works just beautifully.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Serge Aleynikov [mailto:serge@REDACTED]
Envoyé : 9 juin 2003 23:08
À : François-Denis Gonthier
Cc : erlang-questions@REDACTED
Objet : Re: Erlang-mode problem

Are you running X server on a Windows desktop and the Erlang VM on
Linux/Unix, or the VM is also running on Windows, and you have an Emacs
Windows port.

If you are complitely in the Windows environment you can use pretty much
any text editor besides Emacs for editing Erlang code.  I found
Multi-Edit quite productive as it can be set up to do auto-highlighting,
compiling from within the editor, and others.  Also, when using file
references use the "/" notation instead of traditional Windows "\" style.