Handling huge amounts of data

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Tue Jun 3 22:13:23 CEST 2003

>[*] Strange enough, there was a memory "up" when running "f(A):" in the
>shell, A being a huge list... Why would tha happen?

I assume it has to do with your arguments and results being stored in
the shell process for the h() shell command. Every time you run f(A),
you eat up chunks of memory not released by the GC. Had the same problem
last week, when I was doing process_info/1 on all the processes from the
shell. After every call, the memory usage was growing exponentially,
with the VM grinding to a halt.

Francesco
--
http://www.umbria-rentals.com