OTP vs. non-OTP

Joakim G. jocke@REDACTED
Fri Jan 31 14:00:39 CET 2003

Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> "Joakim G." <jocke@REDACTED> wrote:
>

>>2) Only a handful of people seems to be able to grasp all what OTP has
>>    to offer.
>

> So is this a problem? I don't grasp all of OTP (e.g. I know nothing
> about Corba).  Does that make OTP a bad thing?

Oh well. With OTP *I* mean modules such as application, supervisor,
gen_server, gen_fsm, supervisor_bridge, gen_event, error_logger,
sys, appup, relup, release_handler, sasl, systools and some more.

I should probably call this set of modules something else to stop
confusing you all with the OTP acronym. Suggestions?

> How many people
> understand (or even know) everything in libc, and they still use it.

See above.

>>We should probably not burden the erlang-questions lists with further
>>discussions about this.
>
> All right; in your office...  :)

Come on; Liston. :-)

/Jocke
--
If you think the pen is mightier than the sword, the next time someone
pulls out a sword I'd like to see you get up there with your Bic.