{error,sticky_directory}

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Jan 31 07:20:40 CET 2003

Steve,

Actually what it's telling you is that the there is already a module
named "sets" in a directory within the code path which has previously
been marked as "sticky".  See code:stick_dir/1 and code:unstick_dir/1.

You'll find that it is the stdlib directory which has been set this way.
You should rename your module to something which doesn't conflict or if
you like to live dangerously just unsrick the stdlib directory:

1> c(sets).                      % note that ".erl" extension uneeded
{error,sticky_directory}

=ERROR REPORT==== 31-Jan-2003::01:37:25 ===
Can't load module that resides in sticky dir

2> code:which(sets).
"/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/stdlib-1.10.1.1/ebin/sets.beam"

3> code:unstick_dir("/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/stdlib-1.10.1.1/ebin").
ok

4> c(sets).
./sets.erl:85: Warning: function do_find_path/3 is unused
./sets.erl:85: Warning: function find_path/3 is unused
{ok,sets}

5> code:clash().
** ./sets.beam hides /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/stdlib-1.10.1.1/ebin/sets.beam
** Found 1 name clashes in code paths
ok

6> code:which(sets).
"/export/home/vances/sets.beam"