Other things I don't get (WAS: Re: A Joeish Erlang distributi on (long))

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Jan 29 20:40:43 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn Pearce" <spearce@REDACTED>
> XML has too few advantages to be used, but yet its everywhere, which
> is its biggest advantage.

Having also struggled with XML, but in it's proper environment, I have to
say that there it does it's job well. The proper environment is text
processing. The predecessor SGML has been used for more than 20 years with
success, and I think that the heavy users won't switch to XML.

It really isn't XML's fault that it has been abused to the extent it became
just as bad as the things it was supposed to replace. But it isn't our fault
either to have to fight with it... Oh, well, life isn't fair!

regards,
Vlad