How to interpret module with no empty namespace in debugger?

Vladimir Sekissov svg@REDACTED
Tue Jan 28 16:49:46 CET 2003

Good day,

It' seems debugger knows nothing about packages.

It can interpret module `foo.str' if it finds `str.beam' somewhere in the
path but treats it as `str' module not `foo.str'.

145> il().
Module                   File
str                      /home/svg/wrk/erlang/foo/src/foo/str.erl

146> debugger:quick(foo.str, capitalize, ["abba"]).
** Invalid beam file or no abstract code: 'foo.str'
"Abba"

147> m(foo.str).
Module 'foo.str' compiled: Date: January 28 2003, Time: 15.11
Compiler options:  [v3,
                    debug_info,
                    {i,"./inc"},
                    {i,"."},
                    {outdir,"ebin/foo/"},
                    {cwd,"/home/svg/wrk/erlang/foo"}]
Object file: /home/svg/wrk/erlang/foo/ebin/foo/str.beam
Exports:
         capitalize/1
         join/2
         module_info/0
         module_info/1
         to_lower/1
         to_upper/1
         trim/2
         trim/3
ok

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov

victoriak> I am trying to debug a module that belongs to some namespace by using
victoriak> debugger. But I can run neither debugger:quick nor Module-> Interpret
victoriak> Dialog successfully. Does debugger