Killing a erlang process.

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Jan 27 16:36:34 CET 2003

Hi,

> Whenever another session is
> started - it stops with errors that the global name is
> already registered.  What is the CORRECT procedure to kill
> that node and release the resources.

When trying to start the process again, do you check first to see if it exists? The usual pattern is to check and if it exists, use it; otherwise create a new one and register it.

> In the same vain, would (I think it is) it be possible to
> attach to a currently running node, from a remote telnet
> session in order to monitor the node operation and the
> gracefully disconnect?

There is an application named reshd written by Tomas Abrahamsson (from the User Contributions at erlang.org) which does exact that.

regards,
Vlad