Why Erlang is the best concurrent language available

Vladimir Sekissov svg@REDACTED
Fri Jan 24 08:36:55 CET 2003

Good day,

Vlad.Dumitrescu> I think Perl adepts would not fail to remind us that
Vlad.Dumitrescu> there are actually poems written in Perl. Don't know how useful those
Vlad.Dumitrescu> programs are, but that's another thing.

It wouldn't fail to remind Perl adepts that latest Perl hit
POE (http://poe.perl.org/) looks like ugly implementation of core
Erlang and small OTP stuff.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov

Vlad.Dumitrescu> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, actually :-)
Vlad.Dumitrescu>
Vlad.Dumitrescu> I think Perl adepts would not fail to remind us that there are actually poems written in Perl. Don't know how useful those programs are, but that's another thing.
Vlad.Dumitrescu>
Vlad.Dumitrescu> I prefer to see it from a slightly different perspective (and I feel that nobody on this list will disagree with me :-) -- Erlang attracts to it the best programmers around, and then of course that the code is beautiful!
Vlad.Dumitrescu>
Vlad.Dumitrescu> [Well, I have to confess I've seen (and debugged) some really ugly Erlang code, but I conject that those programmers used Erlang only because the employer forced them to, not because they were attracted by it]
Vlad.Dumitrescu>
Vlad.Dumitrescu> regards,
Vlad.Dumitrescu> Vlad