Tail/Non tail recursion

Peter Lund peter@REDACTED
Thu Aug 28 18:03:19 CEST 2003

Yes, this is what I meant even if I failed to write that into plain
language. I have a faint memory from several years ago, that there
was a compiler optimization for exactly this type of non-recursive
calls, that in fact made it behave like a tail-recursive function.
Maybe someone that KNOWS can tell us if anything like this exist.

/Peter