idiom for clearing up resources?

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Mon Aug 25 14:40:20 CEST 2003

You can use catch facility with pattern patching:

case catch file:make_dir("c:/tmp/foo") of
   ok               -> do_some_stuff();
   {'EXIT', Reason} -> file:del_dir("c:/tmp/foo")
end

or

Result = catch file:make_dir("c:/tmp/foo"),
file:del_dir("c:/tmp/foo"),
case Result of
   ok -> do_some_stuff();
   {'EXIT', Reason} -> io:format('Error making dir: ~p~n", [Reason])
end;