Using references from the shell?

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Aug 20 16:14:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

I dont think you can create a reference manually. But if you want to see the
contents of a reference, you can do term_to_binary(Ref) to see what it
contains.

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.2 [threads:0]

Eshell V5.2  (abort with ^G)
1>
1>
1> term_to_binary(make_ref()).
<<131,114,0,3,100,0,13,110,111,110,111,100,101,64,110,111,104,111,115,116,0,
0,0,
0,111,0,0,0,0,...>>
2>
2>
2> io:format("~p~n", [v(-1)]).
<<131,114,0,3,100,0,13,110,111,110,111,100,101,64,110,111,104,111,115,116,0,
0,0,
0,111,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0>>
ok
3>