R9C FreeBSD-5.0 dns (was: ErlInterface)

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Thu Aug 14 01:59:01 CEST 2003

Kent Boortz <kent@REDACTED> writes:

> In R9C? The file "ei_connect.h" is for now just an include of "ei.h"
> and "ei.h" does contain the prototype for ei_connect_xinit().  In R9C
> all documented prototypes and macro definitions where tested for
> header definition problems (except the return types) and linking
> problems compiling two "fake" programs that use them all. If you build
> from source you can do this test using something like
>
>   % export ERL_TOP=/your/erlang/top
>   % cd $ERL_TOP/lib/erl_interface/src
>   % gmake -f yourtarget/Makefile check

Right, thanks. Just upgraded a system to R9C.

BTW, with R9-C on FreeBSD-5.0, I can't net_adm:ping() a remote node
without frobbing ETS. This also used to happen on other BSDs.

erl -name foozle -setcookie baz
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]

Eshell V5.3  (abort with ^G)
(foozle@REDACTED)1> net_adm:ping('pdq@REDACTED').
pang
(foozle@REDACTED)2> ets:insert(inet_db, {res_lookup, [file,dns]}).
true
(foozle@REDACTED)3> net_adm:ping('pdq@REDACTED').
pong

Bug or feature?

(See also mailing list thread starting with
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200111/msg00146.html )