ErlInterface

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Wed Aug 13 22:50:16 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 08:36:39PM +0200, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> This is not an answer, but it's related: There is no "EI User Guide" in the
> documentation, the link is dead and also no such file seems to exist.
>
> Maybe the User Guide would have helped Rick (and us others) to better
> understand what's going on.

Agreed. For now I continue to struggle with missing prototypes in headers (ex.
the prototype for ei_connect_xinit() is nowhere to be found). Did I miss a
header somewhere? This prototype did not seem to be in ei_connect.h.

Another question is why some calls internally call erl_err_quit() instead of
returning an error. Granted, most of those errors (if not all) will stop the
library routine in question from proceeding, but to terminate the calling
process seems a bit extreme.

-Rick