Nigerians scams and p0rn spam.

Daniel Solaz dsolaz@REDACTED
Sat Aug 9 11:56:31 CEST 2003

I had noticed this.  I also used to have an erlang-specific mail address, one
that had an SMTP server filtering rule that resulted in mail being rejected
an the SMTP server level with a 550 code.  The same effect can be achieved at
the POP3 client level, but then you keep downloading mail just to have it
deleted immediately, which, besides not solving the problem at all, is not
desirable if you connect via modem.

On Friday 08 August 2003 13:06, Kent Boortz wrote:
> the email addresses should be removed, OR
> they should be changed not to be visible to the robots that collect them
I'd rather have them removed, but someone might care about a non-subscriber
wanting to contact a subscriber directly for non-spam reasons.

-Daniel