records generated from UBF

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Apr 22 10:28:34 CEST 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 Vlad Dumitrescu" <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED> wrote:
}
} - in a real-life environment, there are more than two cooperating instances,
} and also the 'client' and 'server' roles may be fuzzy. Also a request may
} not be mapped to a succesion of query-answer message pairs. As far as I can
} see, UBF(B) can't handle other cases than 1-to-1 strict client-to-server.

I am having the same problem seeing how I can use UBF.  The other problem
is that no one has offered up an example implementation in C. :)

There seems to be no end to the options one has to interface C with Erlang.
OTP provides two versions of a C interface; the original erl_interface and
the newer ei version.  It used to include IG (Interface Generator) but that
is still available elsewhere.  It also includes Corba.  Then there is
Scott's EDTK.

Now we have UBF to consider as well.  That is if it had a C binding.  Of
course there is also rpc and xml-rpc from user contributions and I'm sure
countless other ways to talk between languages.  So many options.  Hmmm...

	-Vance