Package support in Erlang: Status ?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Fri Apr 18 17:28:24 CEST 2003

Hello,

I would like to know what is the current status of packages in Erlang
?

During the last Erlang User Conference, I had the feeling that the use
of package for erlang development was here for feedback from the
developers but not yet really approved for industrial project.

I do not feel conformtable yet with the package development as it
requires to change the syntax for standard module call (You need to
use the prefix . to specify that you are refering to the root
package).
This means that code need to be modified to work with packages.

What is the current status ? I have seen that Erik Reitsma was using
them successfully in the Erlang SOAP module.
Does other developers have adopted it already ? Should the developer
use it for new development ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
http://www.erlang-projects.org/