Application structure

Walter C. Reel III blitzfeuer@REDACTED
Fri Apr 18 00:50:32 CEST 2003

Many thanks.  That pointed me in a much better direction.

On Thursday 17 April 2003 01:21 pm, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> 1) File structure
>
> Organize your code into App/src, App/ebin, etc.
> Try to keep the organization symmetric, e.g.
> MyLib/App1
>      /App2

I've noticed (after you mentioned it) that the standard libraries in the OTP
distribution adhere to that same type of organization.  Although I may be
stretching it, would it be safe to say that applications closely resemble the
idea of a package in Python or Java?

So, just to make sure I understand the terminology, a "system" is a collection
of interoperating nodes (which could be running on different machines) and a
"node" is an instance of the Erlang VM which could host multiple
application/server/etc. processes.  Right?
(Of course my current place of employment uses those terms but with completely
different meanings ;)

Cheers,
 - Walt