Globus

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Thu Apr 17 09:45:09 CEST 2003

Distribution was added to Erlang in 1993, a couple of years after the
first fast virtual machine was implemented (1991) after the language had
stabilized.  The successes is due to the transparency with which the new
semantics were added and that Klacke got it right with TCP/IP. For
scalability, we can obviously thank the fact that concurrency was
already there. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this
project. (I will not hold my breath).

Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com