visibility of a function in a module
Sat Apr 12 22:40:04 CEST 2003
On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:30:03 +0200
"Joakim G." <jocke@REDACTED> wrote:
> An unofficial top-ten (top-hundred) list of wanted/fixable language
> features would actually be interesting to have around. We could even
> make it pollable by people on this list. It could be good input to the
> OTP team.
Here's mine, sorted roughly by decreasing feasability:
1. Put general-purpose base-conversion functions somewhere in stdlib
(io, or math, or string) and deprecate those in httpd_util.
2. Move general-purpose string functions from httpd_util to string.
3. Move general-purpose date functions from httpd_util to calendar.
4. Fix regexp module.
5. Document all interfaces, esp. ones in common use (active_once, etc)
6. Document BEAM format.
7. Smaller distribution (split into core distribution + apps)
8. Opaque, guarded structs.
9. Type inference in linter that generates warnings only.
10. Arbitrary expressions in guards.
More information about the erlang-questions