OTP development, was Re: Gaga about bifs

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Wed Apr 9 17:43:38 CEST 2003

Hello!

>  > general improvements, significant and otherwise, seem to have
>  > ground to a halt, or at least be in a state of confusion.

I'd like to add that some new features/improvements may not be visible to
all users since they simply don't use "every" application. Still, these
changes can be very important for both licensed & open source users. Some
improvements are a bit harder to discover (e.g. performance boost, less
memory usage etc), unless one read the release notes carefully.

It's easier to notice new applications, but they're probably not equally
important to all users. For example, since R7B we've introduced:

 * et

 * observer

 * megaco

 * webtool

 * CORBA applications (cosEventDomain, cosFileTransfer, cosNotification,
   cosProperty and cosTime).

.. and there are more to come.

/Niclas