FAQ terminology harmonisation

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Thu Apr 3 18:34:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:13:22PM -0800, Jay Nelson wrote:
> I have been promoting the use of processes as an interface
> mechanism.  Precisely because of reuse issues, it is an important
> method of integration.  Make all your code non-defensive and
> use a process at the border to do any data filtering to ensure
> that the reusable code doesn't get bad data.  You can also use
> the filter process to alter the data to match the reusable code's
> interface if necessary.

This sounds pretty interesting, though I must sadly admit that I not an
experienced enough Erlang/OTP developer to know if it is the "right thing to
do" or not. It does sound like such an architecture could aid in code
reusability. Since simplicity seems to be a big concern with the Erlang guys
(and rightly so), I would be interested to see what their thoughts are on that.

-Rick