Make replacement for Erlang - suggestions?

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED
Mon Sep 23 16:51:48 CEST 2002

>    > i would take this as a reason to create a new system for building
>    > software. better suited to the task than 'make'.
>
>   I can't prove my conjecture, whereas you can prove yours (by coming up
>   with a make system so much better than gnumake that people switch to
>   it in spite of the inconvenience of having to learn something new).
>
>   I look forward to being proven wrong.

Jakarta Ant is definitely making its way into the Java community.

Ant is better than what most Java IDEs offered in the past and
easier to use than make (because of many predefined targets that
are useful for Java related build tasks) and because it is
relativly new and compels to the rather younger Java developers
without C/UNIX background, eg its input format is XML based,
which is buzzwordy but I guess at this point this neither a pro
or con for it.

Regards,
Marc