Section numbering using xmerl:export

Mikael Karlsson mikael.karlsson@REDACTED
Mon Sep 16 11:54:39 CEST 2002

måndag 16 september 2002 09:32 skrev Ulf Wiger:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Mikael Karlsson wrote:
> >I was able to implement some kind of XSLT lookalike in Erlang
> >using xmerl_xpath, and working on xmlElements similar to Vlads
> >traverse/2 function. At least I can select were I want to have the
> >new transformed elements.
>
> Good. I think this is probably much better than using XSLT.
>
> (:

Agreed. It is much easier to implement anyway. As a matter of fact it
it is also possible to carry a reference to the toplevel structure around
as well "template(CurrentE,TopE)" if one needs to resolve cross references
into other nodes.

> >For some reason I have to reverse the list returned by
> >xmerl_xpath:string/2.
>
> This is most likely a bug, but I'm afraid I don't have time
> to look into it right now. Perhaps someone else could look
> at the code?

I get the message :-).
I'll have a look and see if I can understand it.

> >I also wonder how performance is affected, considering that you
> >have to parse the strings passed to xmerl_path?
>
> The XPATH strings are so short that I think this is
> negligible in most cases. The XPATH strings you use take
> about 100-150 us to parse on my machine.

Good!

Thanks
/Mikael