Cursor keys for *NIX

Miguel Barreiro Paz enano@REDACTED
Tue Nov 26 19:11:59 CET 2002

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:39:06PM +0000, Sean Hinde wrote:
> }  Does anyone else actually prefer cursor keys to CTRL-P, N, B, and F?
>
> Since the above key bindings mean nothing to me I have never used them.
> I'll cast my vote for another set which probably means little to you:
>
> 	<CTRL>-H, <CTRL>-J, <CTRL>-K, <CTRL>-L

	Oh, the latest incarnation of my-vi-is-bigger-than-your-emacs war
:-)

> If we had command line editing in the erlang shell as it works in most
> modern Unix shells it would be a wonderful thing.  I use the shell
> very often.

	Bash and ksh both support emacs-style key commands, thanks god :-)

	In practical terms: ideally the erl shell should be configurable
somehow (just as bash parses an .inputrc file to redefine keys and allow,
say, vi-style keys). I for one can certainly live with the current keys,
anyway.

Regards,

Miguel