Cursor keys for *NIX

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Nov 26 17:52:33 CET 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:39:06PM +0000, Sean Hinde wrote:
}  Does anyone else actually prefer cursor keys to CTRL-P, N, B, and F?

Since the above key bindings mean nothing to me I have never used them.
I'll cast my vote for another set which probably means little to you:

	<CTRL>-H, <CTRL>-J, <CTRL>-K, <CTRL>-L

If we had command line editing in the erlang shell as it works in most
modern Unix shells it would be a wonderful thing.  I use the shell
very often.

	-Vance

}  I think I can understand the reasons for not putting support into the
}  UNIX Erlang Shell (every xterm is different) but I think this should be
}  a well enough understood problem that it would be possible to fix.. R10
}  maybe??
}
}  Alternatively does anyone know how to map the cursor keys temporarily
}  to different bindings?
}
}  Sean