More ASN.1...

Bertil Karlsson bertil.karlsson@REDACTED
Mon Nov 25 13:27:36 CET 2002

You are absolutely right! The asn1 compiler should have generated a
'TransportAddress_ipAddress' record, and so also for each SEQUENCE/SET
that is defined inside a "constructed type" (SEQUENCE, CHOICE, SET,
SEQUENCE OF, SET OF) like in:

MyType ::= CHOICE {
	a SEQUENCE {a INTEGER, b INTEGER}
}

This will result in a record 'MyType_a'.

Due to a bug in the compiler no record is generated for a SEQUENCE in a
CHOICE that has extensionmarks, like in:
MyType2 ::= CHOICE {
	a SEQUENCE {a INTEGER, b INTEGER},
}
The TransportAddress is a CHOICE with an extension mark.

There will be a fix of this bug in the next release.
Maybe the easiest workaround is to define missing records by hand.

--
/ Bertil Karlsson