language documentation

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Fri Nov 22 15:05:22 CET 2002

Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> writes:
> Does anyone feel as lost as I do when it comes to getting definitive
> documentation on the language itself?  I have several copies of the
> book(*) but it is quite out of date.  So much so that we rely on an
> "Erlang Extensions since 4.4" document.  The main problem however is
> that the book is not available online.  I wouldn't want to diminish
> the value of the book or the rewards due it's creators but don't we
> need an online reference for the language which is up to date and
> relatively definetive?

You mean the book is not available in HTML format? The language
part of the book is available in PDF format

  http://www.erlang.org/download/erlang-book-part1.pdf

Some things may also be described in the Erlang standard document
but it is also rather old

  http://www.erlang.org/download/erl_spec47.ps.gz

Yes, there should be one updated definitive source for the language
documentation,

kent