problems compiling H.323 ASN.1

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Wed Nov 20 05:33:40 CET 2002

I've been trying out the ASN.1 compiler for the first time and have
had it failing on some ITU ASN.1 files for H.323.  I am wondering
whether the files I have are incorrect or whether there is a bug in
the compiler.

The problem seems to be the comment on line 139:

              manufacturerCode  INTEGER(0..65535) -- assigned --
              -- nationally}

It's not seeing the "}" 'cause it comes at the end of the comment.
Moving the "}" down one line fixes the problem.

There are a bunch of these that all need the same fix.  Is this bad
ASN.1 or bad parsing?

	-Vance

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/asn1/database/itu-t/h/h245/2001/MULTIMEDIA-SYSTEM-CONTROL.asn

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.2 [64-bit] [source] [shared heap] [threads:10]

Eshell V5.2  (abort with ^G)
1> asn1ct:compile("MULTIMEDIA-SYSTEM-CONTROL.asn").
Erlang ASN.1 version "1.4" compiling "MULTIMEDIA-SYSTEM-CONTROL.asn"
Compiler Options: []
syntax error at line 145 in module MULTIMEDIA-SYSTEM-CONTROL.asn:
 got 'MasterSlaveDetermination' expected '}'
{error,[got,'MasterSlaveDetermination',expected,'}']}