missing banner on Solaris

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Mon Nov 18 11:37:07 CET 2002

Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> writes:

> Kostis,
>
> Hmmm... I only built the shared heap version because I understood
> it would only add an optional version of the emulator which I
> could use if and when I was ready to play with it.   If there is
> no -noshared type of switch I guess I should rebuild it.
>
> Obviously there is some mismatch between what has been documented
> and also implemented in erlexec.c and what gets installed.  What
> is the long term intention?

The documentation refers to the commercial package.

We well probably fix this this mismatch in the next major release of Erlang/OTP.

If you build the shared heap version version first, install it, renames
the

  .../lib/erlang/erts-5.2/bin/beam

  .../lib/erlang/erts-5.2/bin/beam.shared

then builds the standard version and installs it, it should
work according to the documentation.

/Bjorn

--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P