odbc help :(

Jimmy Olgeni olgeni@REDACTED
Wed Nov 13 16:03:57 CET 2002

Hi!

Looking for clues... I compiled the odbc application (R9B) using
libiodbc, installed odbcserver in priv/bin by hand, and found a
working DSN using the sample iodbc's odbctest application. I'm using
the postgresql driver (7.2.3).

The odbc app complains:

(odbc@REDACTED)12> odbc:connect ("dsn=octopus;server=localhost;port=5432;database=octopus;uid=octopus", []).
SQLGetInfo failed in dbInfo
=ERROR REPORT==== 13-Nov-2002::15:57:08 ===
ODBC: exit signal from port program:normal
{error,{port_exit,normal}}
(odbc@REDACTED)13>
=ERROR REPORT==== 13-Nov-2002::15:57:08 ===
** Generic server <0.81.0> terminating
** Last message in was {'EXIT',#Port<0.63>,normal}
** When Server state == {state,#Port<0.63>,
                               {<0.79.0>,#Ref<0.0.0.285>},
                               <0.79.0>,
                               undefined,
                               on,
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               connecting,
                               false,
                               false,
                               []}
** Reason for termination ==
** {port_exit,normal}

odbc:connect performs application:start (odbc), so it should be sufficient (?).

Has anybody managed to get postgresql/iodbc/odbc working? =)

--
jimmy