erlang code update, possible in C/C++?

Enric Jaen enricjaen@REDACTED
Tue Nov 5 20:49:54 CET 2002

I am very interested in the Erlang code update
capability. AFAIK from documents, Erlang uses dynamic
linking to point processes to the new version of the
module when they do a global call. The old and new
versions can run concurrently.

I am wondering if this same mechanism can be used with
C/C++ programs, using dynamic libraries. If not, why?
and therefore, what is the added value than Erlang
provides and that C/C++ don't have to update code?

I would appreciate any clue in this issue.

Cheers,
-Enric Jaen