Fun syntax

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Jul 29 21:52:31 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am a little confused about the syntax for functional objects when the
referred function is remote. The way to define a fun is then
    Fun = {lists, reverse}

I find this a little inconsequent. Why not
    Fun = fun lists:reverse/1 ?

What I find even strange is that it works to write something like
    {lists, reverse}([1,2,3]).

Wouldn't it be cleaner with an unified syntax for funs? The tuple notation
looks like remains from the old, while it working side by side with the
normal Module:Function notation feels almost like a bug... Is it?

best regards,
Vlad