Link question.

Lennart Öhman lennart.ohman@REDACTED
Sat Jul 20 08:39:25 CEST 2002

Hi Martin,

I guess you have tried that in the shell!? I have run into that
during a training class or two while trying to show linking to students.

The general idea is that link/1 must always succeed since you can not tell
the difference between a process that does not exist at the linking moment
and a process that dies a second later.

I had to write a program and run it in a process spawned from the shell
to demonstrate it. From my "teacher-toolsbox":

-module(link_test).
-compile(export_all).

f(P) ->
    process_flag(trap_exit,true),