Erlang killer app?

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Fri Jul 19 05:23:33 CEST 2002

Isaac,

 Just creating erlang server pages wont do it. You
would have to create and easy, efficient, system for
web application construction. Zope is probably pretty
close but its not thier yet,
JSP/Servlets/Struts(coccoon?) is close as well, but
still has a ways to go.

It would almost have to be a two level system.
Something that would do most of the work for quick
scripts (and poor programmers) and not hinder an
experienced programmer (in fact it should help
significantly) get the job done.

In this case, I think erlang would beat the python and
java solutions in speed and flexability (depending on
who coded it and how it is coded).

It would take quite allot of expertise in many areas
to do it right, (that probably exists here on the
list) but it wouldnt be a simple undertaking.

 In one way you are right, ESP (thats kind of a cool
acronym lol) alone would not do it, but a technology
that elegently fills a current need and makes
programmers more productive would have a very good
chance of doing it.