getting to yaws

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Mon Jul 1 23:23:17 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:56:18PM +0200, Johan Bevemyr wrote:

> > > but his machine is up - so I guess
> > > yaws must have crashed,
> >
> > It's worse than that, I was so stressed when packing for holidays, so
> > I must have simply - not started - or even stopped - yaws before
> > leaving.
>
> No, it is even worse :-). There was a bug in the htmlize code
> which cause the emulator to crash when the string to htmlize
> was to big. I think the binary code created to much garbage, or
> something. I rewrote it to use lists instead which made it much
> faster and working.
>
> What was even worse than that was that one of the examples, which
> trigged this behaviour, contained a bit of a security hole (now
> fixed as well), so perhaps it was a good thing that yaws.hyber.org
> crashed :-)
>
> /Johan

Ouch, ouch ouch

Ok new release 0.52 ... now containing johans security bugfixes,
-heart support by tobbe and a wiki web.

http://yaws.hyber.org   (hopefully up this time)

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control