ESDL

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Jul 1 15:44:07 CEST 2002

>From: "Dan Gudmundsson" <dgud@REDACTED>
>You should be able to make that work if you use ports
>(?SDL_INIT_NOERLDRIVER) instead of drivers (and some hacking),
>since SDL only handles one window per process I don't think
>it will work with the driver.

Yes, the problem is that there is only one registered server name - if
several ports, then a way to identtify which one is addressed needs to be
added.

>Now Bjorn/Wings want me remove the port portion of SDL, because it's
>to slow, nobody uses it and it would increase wings performance with 1%
>:-) by inlining code.

Hmm, though! :-) A solution might be splitting sdl.erl in two modules, one
using the driver, one using ports. This way, every one could get what they
need, without trouble (except for you, Dan, since there will be more code to
maintain! :-)

Btw, does anyone have experience on how ports compare in speed with using a
TCP connection instead?

thanks. Regards,
Vlad