Syntactic sugar poll

Miguel Barreiro Paz enano@REDACTED
Fri Jan 11 19:55:58 CET 2002

	Hi,

> Since I am doing a lot of assembly hacking I often need to use
> hexadecimal constants. All my debuggers and C compilers write
> hexadecimal constants as 0xN, but in Erlang I have to write it as
> 16#N. There are two problems with this, I can not copy and paste

	I for one would like the 0xN syntax, maybe just for the sake of
old assembly tradition. On the other hand I'm very happy that Erlang keeps
the needed features and (usually) drops what is superfluous (so we have
.erl instead of .perl, you know); thus I would understand it if people
felt this sugar unnecessary.

Regards,

Miguel